Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day Three: "I can't recall every single thing"

Photos are shown to Rivera and asked if the signs he's making in them are "gang signs." Rivera says no, that they are "peace out" signs.

Defense asks if Rivera once told a State trooper during an interview after the shooting: "I wish I hadn't seen the person, then I wouldn't have to go through with this tonight." Rivera says yes and then says "I lied. I'm sorry. Didn't meant to put people through that, but my family comes first."

Rivera is asked if at any time when questioned by State Troopers if he told them about Flaco and the black Monte Carlo. Rivera says he told Officer Kopek, as well as his attorney, who he was told then told District Attorney Scott McNamara.

Rivera can't recall if McNamara asked him about the Monte Carlo during grand jury. Rivera then says he DID tell McNamara about seeing Wesley Molina-Cirino at the scene in the black Monte Carlo. Rivera says there is "too much in his head" to recall of McNamara took it down.

"I can't recall every single thing, ma'am," Rivera says.

Rivera is then excused.

No comments: